We offer assistance and support before, during and after the flight for children from 5 to 17 years. Assistance to unaccompanied minors begins at the time they are received at the airport and ends when they are safely handed over to the designated person who is responsible for them at their final destination.
This service does not include medical care and no staff member or collaborator is authorized to supply medicinal products to minors.
Please note the documents required by some countries for minors traveling.
The service is mandatory for children between the ages of 5 and 11 years in all routes.
Request the service when making the reservation and up to 24 hours before the flight’s departure.
An adult must be present at the counters of the origin and destination airports.
Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted if:
- They are under five (5) years old.
- They are undergoing medical treatment.
- The information requested in the form is not complete.
- There is a delay and the minor runs the risk of missing their connecting flight(s).
Minors will be returned to the airport of origin in the following cases:
- When there are unsolvable problems with their documentation, or the person authorized to receive them at the final destination airport does not show up.
- Minors cannot travel with excess baggage, extra pieces of baggage, or pets (in the cabin or as checked baggage, except when the unaccompanied minor has a disability, in which case a guide dog or an Emotional Support animal is allowed).
- No overnight stays and/or more than 2 connections are allowed.
- A minor between 13 and 17 is not allowed to take charge of another child aged between 0 and 12 years, unless they are the child’s parent.
- The service is compulsory on all routes for children between 5 and 11 years (up to one day before their 12th birthday).
- The service is optional for minors between 12 and 17 years.
The following charges apply for tickets issued as of September 1, 2016.
|Region||Fare for ages from 5 to 17|
|Flights within Colombia||COP 50.000|
|Flights within Ecuador||USD 15|
|Flights within Perú||USD 25|
|Flights within Latinoamerica||USD 100|
International flights (Europe, United States and Canada)
|Flights within Guatemala and Honduras||USD 30|
- The charges apply per route (Origin – Destination and do not apply to connecting flights).
- The charges apply to both Business and Economy Class cabins.
- The charges apply for each minor traveling, regardless if they are included in the same booking or are siblings.
- These charges may change without prior notice.
None of the charges include taxes, some local taxes may apply.
If the minor is traveling with one parent
If only one parent is traveling with the minor, judicial authorization obtained in a juvenile court must be presented. This authorization must include the legally approved signatures of both parents. To obtain this authorization you must file the following documents with the court:
- Proof of residence.
- Passport of the minor.
- Copies of pages 1, 2 and 3 of the child's passport.
- Original and a copy of the ID Card and Taxpayer Registration Card (Brazilian Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas or CPF) of both the mother and father.
If the minor is traveling alone
In this case you must present an authorization letter, which does not necessarily need to have been endorsed by a judge, where the approval to leave the country is clearly expressed. This approval letter must be accompanied by the full names and ID numbers, as well as their recognized signatures, of each parent.
Download the authorization form for international travel (available only in portuguese).