Travelers in transit without visa
Some countries allow Travelers to transit without a visa (TWOV) when due to their flight schedule they have to transit or stop in a country on the way to their destination country.
If you have to stop in a country where you are not a citizen for transit purposes, remember to always take:
- All required travel documentation for both your transit and destination country.
- The ticket to your final desired destination or a return ticket back to the point of origin.
- Sufficient funds or a credit card in case you have to buy another ticket.
- Valid ID document.
- Visa for your final destination or previously issued valid entry authorization.
- All Travelers in transit without visa (TWOV) must have their connecting flight(s) and ticket confirmed.
- Their complete journey must be in one ticket.
- For connecting flights in Mexico, a charge of USD 75 is payable.
- TWOV transit is not applicable in the United States.
- Does not apply to Travelers with discounted tickets and/or tickets subject to availability.
- Does not apply to Travelers who have to spend the night in Mexico.
- Travelers in transit cannot volunteer to give up their seat if the flight has been oversold.
- Does not apply for Passengers with checked baggage without exceptions.