It works like a prepaid card with which you can purchase several of our products and services.
Below, you may find more information on how to acquire this product in Colombia and Spain.
Gift card in Spain
In Spain, purchase the following services with the gift card.
- Airplane tickets on flights operated by Avianca.
- Penalties for changes
- Avianca Travel Smart products: additional baggage and empty seat.
To purchase your gift card, visit our sales offices in Spain or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of choosing the second option, we will deliver the gift card to the address you indicate within 7 days*. If you wish, we can include a legend.
*Please check the next conditions for the gift card in Spain.
Gift card use
- The card is not rechargeable and may only be used once. Available values are 20, 50, 100 and 200 euros.
- The card may only be activated before it is used at our offices.
- If you want to use it at airport offices, the service is only available at the Adolfo Suárez airport in Madrid and the El Prat Airport in Barcelona.
Terms and Conditions
If you wish to find out more about the gift card, review the terms and conditions.
Take care of your gift card
- The gift voucher is a bearer document. Responsibility for its use is exclusive to the holder.
- Avianca will not replace the gift voucher or be liable for theft, loss or impairment thereof.
Before using your gift card
The card must be activated before it is used at our offices; otherwise, it will not work. Said activation must go together with a code, the validity of which will be proven when making the transaction.
Use of the gift card
- The gift card may be exchanged for products whose value is equal to or exceeds the value charged in the card. Should the value of the product be greater, the difference must be paid using any usually accepted method of payment.
- The gift card may not be exchanged for money and is not reimbursable (whether in cash or bank deposit).
- The gift card allows a single transaction and, once made, Avianca will keep the card. Therefore, the remaining balance will be lost. Also, cards are not combinable; the use of several cards in a single transaction is allowed.
- Both the exchangeable and the maximum value may be purchased in a single transaction not to exceed 600 euros and subject to stock. An order or exchange that exceeds this value may be requested (no greater than 2,000 euros). However, in both cases, prior authorization is required which may delay the operation, with the possibility of not being able to do it on the same day of the request. The request may be made by calling 902-007-550.
- The gift card may only be exchanged at Avianca sales points in Spain and through the Aviancaexpress.com.es webpage. It may not be used in other countries or in purchases through Avianca.com Spain.
Validity of the gift card
- The gift card is valid for one year, not extendable, from the date of purchase and the card is void once the time has passed.
- The date of purchase will be indicated in the back of the card and must coincide with the activation date on our records. Otherwise, the date set forth in our records shall prevail. The card may be rejected in the event of modifications.
- Upon purchasing the card a document with the purchase information will be delivered. You are required to present this document, duly completed, in the event of a claim.
- Reimbursements requests for an airplane ticket that has been purchased with a gift card may be processed at an Avianca office in Spain. The portion of the value corresponding to said exchange may not be reimbursed in cash, but only with another gift card with the same amount used to pay for the ticket.
Where to purchase the gift card
- It may only be purchased at Avianca’s sales offices in Spain (It is not valid nor may it be purchased in Colombia or in other countries), and at aviancaexpress.com.es.
- If the gift card is requested via web, we will send it to the indicated address within 7 days.
- If the purchaser wishes to, he or she may include a legend and deliver it at a different address.
- The delivery term will begin on the day after the order (except for Saturday, Sunday and Holidays). Should the card be redelivered as a result of absence of the recipient, the second delivery shall be excluded from the established maximum term for delivery.
- The purchaser must consider that deliveries are only made to Peninsular Spain and the Balearic Islands. In some locations, the frequency of delivery of transportation companies may slightly delay the delivery time.
- Gift cards purchased at aviancaexpress.com.es may be returned within 7 days of the purchase date.
- The buyer is the only person authorized to request reimbursement of the value, which will end with return of the card within the determined time; as long as it has not suffered any imperfections or manipulation.
- The cost of delivery for returning the card shall be borne by the buyer.
- Presentation and delivery of the card is mandatory to perform the exchange.
- If the exchange is made at aviancaexpress.com.es, no operation will be performed until Avianca receives the original card at C/Castelló, 23, 4o Iz, 28001.
Rejection of the gift card
- Gift card originally obtained illegally shall be void and may not be used.
Any card presented at an Avianca office with indications of tampering (duplicity, purchase date, value, code or hidden serial number, modified or damaged) may be rejected.
- When you purchase a card, you accept the conditions for use set forth by our airline.