Learn about our most important news of the year.
This plane, known as the Dreamliner, has different levels of lighting and a pressurization system that reduces dehydration and jet lag.
Press Release Archive
Read our official news of the past periods.
2017 Press Releases
Find updated information about our operation in January.
- Thursday 27 - Nationwide general strike in Brazil: Avianca reports on the possible impact to operations
- Thursday 27 - Avianca changes terminals at Los Angeles Airport
- Tuesday 19 - In March 2017: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.5 million passengers
- Monday 10 - Avianca: Latin America’s best airline according to Tripadvisor
Daily news list
Daily news list.
- 30/1/2017 Air India joins Star Alliance airlines at Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport - The Queen’s Terminal
- 30/1/2017 Adjustment of itineraries to and from Pereira due to closing of Matecaña Airport
- 24/1/2017 During 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 29 million passengers
- 21/1/2017 LifeMiles services under maintenance until tomorrow Sunday January 22nd
- 6/1/2017 Avianca reschedules its AV037 between Fort Lauderdale and Bogota due to the attack at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
- 05/01/2017 Barcelona – Bogota on Avianca’s new Boeing 787’s
2016 Press Releases
Find information about our operation during the last quarter of 2016.
Daily news list.
- 26/12/2016 Avianca updates its mobile app
- 22/12/2016 In November 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.4 million passengers
- 19/12/2016 Important information for passengers traveling from Buenos Aires to Bogota and Lima
- 17/12/2016 Important information for passengers traveling from or to New York
- 13/12/2016 Avianca is ready for the holiday season
- 12/12/2016 We were the best in business travel in 2016: Avianca, the best airline in South America and Latin America in 2016
- 7/12/2016 Recommendations for high season
Daily news list.
- 31/10/2016 From Central America: Roatan, Honduras, Avianca’s destination of the month
- 27/10/2016 Daily flights between Bogota and Buenos Aires on Avianca
- 24/10/2016 In september 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.4 million passengers
- 20/10/2016 Within the framework of the "Colombia es Realismo Mágico" campaign: 450,000 seats at low prices to travel and enjoy Colombia
- 20/10/2016 BAM, Visa, Avianca and LifeMiles launch the new Avianca LifeMiles BAM and Visa credit card in the Guatemalan market
- 19/10/2016 Bancolombia, Visa, Avianca and LifeMiles seal a partnership to improve their client’s experiences
- 13/10/2016 Daily flight to Puerto Rico on Avianca
- 13/10/2016 Recommendations for travelers during fall break
- 11/10/2016 Avianca offers promotional fares between Central American destinations
- 10/10/2016 Give the world to someone special
- 7/10/2016 Important information for travelers AV904 flight Lima - Montevideo
- 7/10/2016 After hurricane Matthew: Avianca gradually resumes its flights to Florida
- 7/10/2016 Avianca reinforces its operation during fall break
- 6/10/2016 Due to hurricane Matthew: Avianca suspends all flights to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando - Updated at 17:00 hours
- 6/10/2016 Silvia Mosquera, Avianca Holdings’ new Vice President
- 5/10/2016 Traveling out of the United States: Uruguay is the destination of the month
- 5/10/2016 Due to hurricane Matthew: Avianca suspends all flights to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando
- 4/10/2016 From Central America: Costa Rica, Avianca’s destination of the month
Gilma Úsuga Cardona
Director of External Communications Avianca Holdings S.A.
Phone number: (57 1) 587-7700 Ext. 1670
Sofía Valverde Aguero
Press Central America, North America and the Caribbean
Phone number: (506) 2242-1178
María Verónica Espíndola Merino
Phone number: (593) 2 2943100 Ext. 2066