What is a Codeshare agreement?
It is an alliance between airlines that offers you the possibility to access new destinations through a wider network of flights operated by the partner airline and marketed by Avianca.
Its primary purpose is to “share” the sale of seats on specific flights. One airline will be operating the route (aircraft, crew, travel permits) while the other will be the marketing airline; where they put their code on the flights/ routes on which it applies.
In addition to Avianca´s destination from our hubs in Colombia, El Salvador and Peru these agreements allow our Passengers to fly to over 102 destinations served by airlines with which we have an alliance.
Changes in the itinerary
Any change in the itinerary and/or cancellation on the day of the flight (0-24 hours before the departure) is handled by the operating carrier directly at the airport. Changes to the itinerary and/or cancellation before the day of the flight (2 or more days before the departure), is handled by each marketing airline who is responsible for contacting and notifying affected passengers.
Baggage policy on codeshare flights
The baggage policy that applies to codeshare flights, is that of the airline operating the most significant leg (usually the longest international route). This information should be validated when you purchase your ticket. Read The Baggage policy of partner airlines.
• When travelling on codeshare flights only one single ticket is needed for all segments
• You only perform one check in for all segments of the trip (restrictions apply)
• Baggage is handled from the city of origin to the final destination (restrictions apply).
• You can enter the VIP Lounges of partner airlines at each airline terminal (restrictions apply).
• Enjoy the benefits of the frequent flyer programs of other airlines when flying on codeshare routes operated by our airline (restrictions apply. Please remember that if you fly with Satena or Sky Airlines you will not be able to accrue and redeem miles).