1. What is National Express?
National Express is a coach company in Britain.
2. What kind of agreement do Avianca and National Express have?
It is an intermodal alliance to connect between flight and coach segments.
3. How and when do I have to check in with National Express?
You must print your National Express bus ticket through the check in section in Accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to your scheduled bus departure (both on the outbound and the inbound). For this purpose, you must enter therein your Avianca 6 digit locator or e-ticket number (in the format 134-1234567890) along with your full name, as written in your e-ticket.
4. Do I earn FFP miles for travel on National Express segments?
No miles accrual on National Express.
5. Can I redeem LifeMiles awards on National Express segments?
No miles redemption on National Express.
6. Is the connection between Avianca and National Express made at the airport in London?
Yes, coaches operate at Heathrow Central Bus Station, located a few minutes walk away from Terminal 2, where Avianca operates. Follow the signs to Central Bus Station.
7. How much does the coach ticket cost?
It is included in the air fare.
8. What is the validity and fare conditions of the coach ticket?
The same as the Avianca fare conditions.
9. Which special services can I request on the coaches?
Only the access with the customer’s own wheel chair. It is necessary to book the wheelchair space, at least 36 hours in advance, by writing with all itinerary details to DPTH@nationalexpress.com or by calling +44 (0) 371 781 8181.
For customers who can get from the wheelchair to the coach seat, their wheelchair will be stored in the baggage hold of the coach.
10. Can I connect with another airline in the outbound journey and with a coach in the inbound?
It is possible, as long as both services exist.
11. Are coach segment changes allowed before or after initiating the journey?
Yes, subject to fare differentials and penalties that may apply to the air through fare.
12. To whom should I address any claim or complaint?
If they correspond to the bus service you may address them directly to National Express through any of the channels indicated here. Avianca will also handle claims related to National Express sectors combined with its flights in Avianca tickets.
13. Is Business Class Cabin, VIP lounge and onboard service offered on National Express buses?
National Express has one single general cabin only and neither VIP lounge service nor onboard snacks are offered, regardless of the air fare class.