1. I made a purchase through Avianca.com but now I’m unable to travel. Do I need to cancel the purchase? Can I request a ticket refund?
Yes, you must cancel your purchase. To do this you must contact our call center, before your travel date. Depending on the Fare Type you purchased, you may need to pay a penalty fee to change the date of your ticket. Please note that cancelations are subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare you selected at the time of purchase.
To request your refund, contact our call center.
2. Can I change the name on my ticket?
Tickets are nontransferable, and as such you cannot make changes.
3. I made a mistake when typing the first and last name(s) on my ticket, what can I do?
Contact our call center to check your case.
4. How can I make sure my purchase was successful?
Check you received an email from us, where you’ll find the ticket number. You can also confirm you ticket number in the Ticket Status option (located on the home page).
5. If I pay with a company credit card what name appears on the receipt?
The purchase receipt is issued in the name of the registered passenger. It is not possible to issue the receipt in the company name or the cardholder’s name as this document is generated by the system in the name of the passenger.
6. How can I check the details of a purchase made by credit card via Avianca payment methods?
To validate the credit card information, the cardholder must contact our call center. For security reasons surrounding the personal data of our Users, we can’t perform validations through our “Online support” service.
7. Can I make a booking and buy my ticket later?
At present, for flights operated by TACA, the service is only available for flights in Peru. In this case payment must be made in the Banco de Crédito del Perú, 24 hours after making the booking. For the rest of the country you must pay for your ticket when making your booking.
8. Are airport taxes included in the ticket price?
Taxes are included in your ticket price. However, some countries do not charge taxes through the airline. In these cases you must pay the corresponding taxes at the airport of the destination country.
9. How long is my ticket valid for?
Your ticket is valid for one (1) year, from the date of issue and not the start of your trip. It’s worth mentioning that this is independent from the fact that each fare has a certain validity period for its use, so in certain cases if the fare expires the ticket may be used if you pay the penalties and fare leveling charges that applies.
10. Is my ticket refundable for flights operated by TACA?
Please check your purchase confirmation for the type of fare you bought. In the majority of cases an administration fee applies to process the request, which will be deducted from the refundable amount. It is important to mention that some taxes are non-refundable. To request a refund you can call our call center.