Before the flight
You must request the service through our call center upon making your reservation and up to 24 hours prior to departure of your flight. Your request must be confirmed both for departure and arrival, since there is a limit of minors accepted per flight.
Learn about the documents required for unaccompanied minors.
At the airport
- The minor must follow all the instructions provided by our Collaborators during his or her time at the airport.
- The information (name, official identification number, address and phone number) of the person handing over and receiving the minor must be at hand. Otherwise, the minor will not be transported.
- The parents or guardians must complete and sign, in legible handwriting, the form for “Transportation of Unaccompanied Minors”, which will be provided by the Collaborators at the airport. The information must be completed before accepting and checking in the minor.
- The adult accompanying the minor at the airport of origin must be available until departure of the flight is confirmed. Likewise, the person authorized to receive the minor must be available at the destination airport from the scheduled arrival time or until confirmation of the arrival of the flight is confirmed.
- The minor must be responsible for handling his or her own carry-on baggage, electronic or valuable items.
- The minor has the right to the baggage policy available for the route.
- The minor must wait at the destination airport for our Collaborator to help him or her claim his baggage and accompany him or her to the airport’s exit to be handed to the authorized person at the destination.
- The minor must wait in the aircraft until he or she can be accompanied by the crew member to disembark.
- It is important that you verify with the Migration Department of the countries of origin or destination what are the requirements and/or authorizations needed to leaver or enter those countries.
Unaccompanied minor with connection with another airline
Each airline is at liberty to establish the requirements and policies of the services it provides. Therefore, when an unaccompanied minor travels in connection with another airline and those segments are in the same transportation contract, those responsible for the minor must verify the conditions, policies and costs of the service in the other airline (if applicable).
Keep in mind that the service does not apply for reservations with partner and/or codeshare airlines; applies only between Taca Internacional, Lacsa, Taca Peru, Avianca and Aerogal.