Solve your doubts
1. What is Renfe?
Renfe is a train company with extensive coverage in Spain.
2. What kind of agreement do Avianca and Renfe have?
It is an intermodal agreement
to connect our flights with rail services.
3. How and when do I have to check in with Renfe?
You must print your Renfe train ticket through the check in section in Accesrail.com within 72 hours prior to your scheduled train departure (both on the outbound and the inbound). For this purpose, you must enter therein your Avianca 6-digit locator or e-ticket number (in the format 134-1234567890) along with your full name, as written in your e-ticket.
4. Do I earn FFP miles for travel on Renfe segments?
No miles accrual on Renfe segments.
5. Can I redeem LifeMiles awards on Renfe segments legs?
No miles redemption on Renfe segments.
6. Is the connection between Avianca and Renfe made at the airport in Spain?
No, trains to/from the final destination depart/arrive from/to stations in the city. If your train is an AVE - High Speed (verify this on your ticket), you can acquire a ticket for a suburban train at no cost for the trip between the airport and the station. (Applies for Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Valencia and Zaragoza, subject to changes pursuant to Renfe policies). Otherwise, you will have to purchase a ticket for the trip between the airport and the station or you may choose from several public transportation options (express bus, subway, suburban train) for an approximate cost of EUR 2 to 3.
7. How much does the coach ticket cost?
It is included in the air fare.
8. What is the validity and fare conditions of the train ticket?
The same as the Avianca fare conditions.
9. Which special services can I request on the train?
Avianca cannot offer special services for rail travel, except the possibility to travel with wheelchair, which must be owned by the passenger. Renfe has space for its location on the train.
For more information see the special services provided by Renfe before the trip as they may change.
10. Can I connect with another airline plane on in the outbound journey and with a train in the inbound?
It is possible, as long as both services exist.
11. Are train segment changes allowed before or after initiating the journey?
Yes, subject to fare differentials and penalties that may apply to the air through fare.
12. To whom should I address any claim or complain?
If they correspond to the train service, you may address them directly to Renfe through any of the channels indicated here. Avianca will also handle claims related to Renfe sectors combined with its flights in Avianca tickets.
13. Is Business Class Cabin, VIP lounge and onboard service offered on Renfe trains?
- Renfe offers upper class service (Preferente and/or Club) in some of its trains, in which they will be available for our business class customers.
- VIP lounges are available in selected stations for passengers with train tickets on Preferente and Club cabins.