Specific conditions for Avianca Tours travel packages
For the knowledge of sales points, travel agencies, the call center, Passengers and/or in general, any person who acquires an “Avianca Tours” travel package
With the purchase of a travel package the consumer declares that they know and accept the general and specific conditions applicable to the travel package.
- The sale of a travel package supposes the prior confirmation of the air, hotel and land, sea or river (in the case of cruises) services and/or optional services as applicable, upon full payment thereof.
- The airline reservation requires the existence of available seats and will only be confirmed on payment of the travel package.
- The hotel is will only be confirmed on payment of the travel package and in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the land service providers that are part of the chosen travel package.
- The prices valid at the time of confirmation of the sale and the corresponding payment of the travel package will be maintained, except for the airport charges, surcharges, applicable administration fee for the issuing the ticket and respective taxes.
- The quotes generated in the system show availability and prices at the time of issue. They do NOT imply the confirmation of airline tickets or hotel rooms, and as such, they do not guarantee airline availability and hotel rates quoted and mentioned therein if the booking and confirmation of the services of the respective travel package is done later.
- It is essential that the Passenger checks with the advisor if the destination they want to travel to requires the payment of entry and/or departure taxes and if this item is included in the cost of the package. If they apply and are included, this amount will be itemized within the costs of the Avianca Tours package. Air services are provided directly by Avianca or the airlines with which it has interline agreements; the ground services that are part of the travel package are provided by third party tour operators, which operate as separate legal entities from Avianca and will respond directly and individually to the affected Passenger for each of the services provided, in the case of loss or damage.
- National and/or foreign governments or administrative entities may impose new taxes, fees, contributions or other additional charges on the travel packages, which may not be covered by the sale of tourism services.
- Conditions for LifeMiles with Avianca Tours packages.
The passenger will receive three documents on confirmation of their travel package:
Avianca Tours Tourism Package:
Corresponds to the invoice generated for the full payment of the Tourism Package.
Confirmation of Tourism Services:
Corresponds to the supporting document for confirmation of the services that a Passenger has purchased. The amounts paid are shown here, the purchased services, general conditions and relevant information for the passenger.
- Service Vouchers: These vouchers correspond to each of the services that the Passenger must present to the relevant operator to access the services. The passenger must have these vouchers with them at all times and must keep them in good condition.
The above documents will either be delivered physically or electronically. It is the responsibility of the Passenger to validate that the information pertains to the requested services and they must present the physical vouchers to the corresponding operator to access the services.
As a general rule for the hotel service, the accommodation service is provided from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival and ends before 1.00 pm on day of departure. These times may vary depending on the hotel and season. They are also subject to changes according to the policies of each hotel. In international destinations hotels allow guests to check in before the mentioned time, applying an additional charge for early check in, for destinations where flights arrive in the early morning. For flights landing at the destination after 3:00 pm the first hotel service will be dinner, if and when it is included in the chosen accommodation plan. Similarly, for flights landing after 7.30 pm the first hotel service will be accommodation.
The food and drink services included in the travel package will be provided by the hotel from check in through to check out. The number of breakfasts, lunches and/or dinners is proportional to the number of nights acquired by the Passenger. (Example: for a PAM package of 3 nights, the customer is entitled to 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches or dinners).
Rooms with triple and quadruple occupancy are handled with a smaller additional bed or two double beds. The allocation of the additional bed will be subject to availability upon arrival at the hotel in question.
As a general rule "Infants" are considered as babies under two years and "Children" as minors whose ages are between 2 years old and up to 11 years (without having turned 11), notwithstanding the foregoing, each hotel may have their own variations of these rules. It is essential to indicate the ages of the children in a family group when requesting the booking and confirmation of the services.
Durante el transcurso del año, algunos establecimientos de alojamiento pueden cambiar su nombre o marca comercial, lo cual no podrá interpretarse como un cambio de hotel o modificación de la reserva.
- The hotel categories have been provided by the accommodation establishments themselves and always abiding by the specific rules that apply in each country. Therefore, the amenities and quality/services of a hotel in one country may be different from those provided in another country even though they are in the same category.
Information about hotels published by Avianca corresponds to the content delivered by the accommodation facility itself. Avianca is not responsible if there are any inconsistencies in such information.
- With regards to ground transport, it is understood that the Passenger is in charge of their luggage and other personal belongings, whatever part of the vehicle they are stowed in, and they are transported at the risk of the Passenger. Passengers are advised to be present when the loading and unloading of baggage occurs.
- Passengers are advised to report to the meeting point for the transport service with a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. The Passenger accepts the obligation to comply with the rules as established by the service provider during the course of the transfer. In some destinations a fee may apply for the occupancy of a seat by infants under 2 years, while in others they may travel for free when accompanied by a passenger over 16 years who has paid full fare.
Each passenger is authorized to take two pieces of baggage (this varies according to the destination) and one piece of carry-on baggage. Excess baggage and items such as sports equipment (golf clubs, ski or windsurf boards, etc.) and electric wheelchairs, will be subject to charges, which may vary depending on the transfer provider as well as the destination. Authorization about baggage is subject to space availability and transport capacity. The operator reserves the right to impose a charge for excess baggage if it is necessary to use an additional vehicle.
The baggage must be clearly labeled with the name of the passenger and travel destination.
Avianca reserves the right (and delegates this right to their designated operators and agents) to refuse to carry any person who they deem to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and/or whose behavior poses a threat to the driver, the vehicle or other passengers. Under such circumstances, Avianca reserves the right not to make any refund and will not be required to provide an alternative transfer service.
The booked service may only be used by the person (s) identified in the sale or by the person for whom it was purchased, and may not be transferred to any other person. In some cases, the operator will only be sent the name of the lead Passenger who must have this power granted to them by the other passengers in the group.
Prices for destinations in Colombia will be fixed in Colombian pesos and for international destinations in United States dollars. For payment in Colombian pesos fares are calculated using the IATA exchange rate at the time of confirmation and corresponding purchase of the travel plan.
In case of the non-use or partial use of any of the services that conform the travel package, requested refunds will be made to Passengers, according to the amount paid less deductions for No-show air and ground charges, an administration fee or other charges that may apply under the No-show and Refund policies of the airline, hotel or tour operator, which passengers are previously informed of.
- In case of early departure from the hotel (prior to the departure date established in the voucher: early check-out), the Passenger must present the refund request to Avianca within three (3) days of the date of effective departure. The application must be accompanied by written confirmation issued by the hotel, which shows the time and date of departure and will be subject to any withholding penalties and charges that may apply.
- Failure to cancel the travel package in a timely manner by the Passenger, and not confirming the cancelation through the Avianca Tours call center or authorized Avianca sales points, will result in a no-show charge, according to the conditions of the airline and the particular conditions applicable to each hotel and operator that have been previously informed to the Passenger.
- All passengers, without exception (including children) must have all their personal and family documents in order, whether that document is a passport or National ID card, as well as visas and licenses, as required by the laws of the country or countries being visited.
- The "Confirmation of Tourist Services" document shows total prices, with a breakdown of the taxes, for all the services and Passengers included in the travel package.
Passengers will be informed through the "Confirmation of Tourist Services and/or Service Vouchers" document whether they need to pay additional charges for the accommodation service, which must be paid directly at the hotel. In some cases this information may appear in English in the document.
The ground services included in the package are the responsibility of each of the companies that provide them. Avianca Tours only acts as an agent or intermediary for the consumer.
- No name, date or hotel changes are allowed. If you require changes these will be taken as a cancellation of the service and incur the respective penalty, and it will be understood as a new application and subject to availability. No changes of any kind to the destination are allowed.
- The inclusion of pets is not contemplated in the "Avianca Tours" travel packages. However, its restriction or authorization depends on the policies of each hotel. It may also generate an additional cost that must be paid by the passenger directly at the destination.
- In the event of overbooking by the hotel and/or airline, Avianca is free to re-accommodate passengers in other hotels with similar characteristics.
- In no case can the operators or providers of tourism services offered by Avianca make refunds directly to Passengers. In cases where a refund request applies, this must be requested in writing to Avianca within three (3) days following the date of the service with the corresponding documentation.
- Group requests must be made through the or to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All change requests to cancel a sales must be made in writing, and should be processed in the sales office where the package was purchased if applicable, the tourism call center turístico en Bogotá in Bogotá or to the email: email@example.com, or by calling the national toll free number on 01 8000 953434 or in Bogotá by calling (+57) 1 - 4 013 434 option 1 - 4. For travel cancelations please dial Option 1 - 4 – 4, if the travel package was purchased directly by the passenger.
- Arrival at the airport for the departure of the flights included in the travel package: In general Passengers must be at the airport before the scheduled departure of their flight: 90 minutes before for domestic flights and 180 minutes prior for international flights. Passengers are responsible for being in the departure lounge on time.
- As an organizer of the travel package Avianca Tours is not responsible for missed flights for any reasons not directly attributable to them.
- If the Passenger experiences the non-execution of the services contracted in the travel package, they must immediately notify (within 72 hours) the Avianca Tours service line.
Certain packages may have special expiration dates and conditions that exempt the application of specific conditions.
General conditions for CORIS medical assistance
Letter of authorization for Decameron hotels