Travel on the first rows or at the plane’s emergency exit.
When travelling on Economy Class puedes pagar un costo extra para reservar un asiento en una mejor ubicación. you can pay an extra cost to reserve a seat at a better location. Purchase this service at our sales offices and travel agencies.
Seat on the first rows
Get off the plane quickly. Be one of the first to deplane.
Emergency Exit Seat
Travel with more space and comfort on the seats next to and behind the emergency exit.
In order to use this service at the emergency exit, you must meet the following conditions.
- Be older than 15 years of age.
- Understand and speak English or Spanish.
- Travel without children younger than 2 years of age.
- Have the physical capacity to open the door in the event of an emergency.
- Not be pregnant.
- Not have any disabilities.
Terms and conditions
- The preferential seat service is optional and has an additional cost.
- Available only on flights operated and marketed by Avianca Holdings.
- Availability of the services is subject to the number of free seats.
- The space and distribution of the seats may vary depending on the plane.
- Reserve and purchase this service upon issuance of your ticket and up to 73 hours prior to departure of the flight.
- The cost is per person and per flight segment.
- Available for Promo and Econo fare options.
- Non-transferable to other passengers.
- The preferential seat service is not available for unaccompanied minors.
- This charge does not apply for passengers that use any of our special services or for Elite LifeMiles travelers.
- Upon payment, you may not modify the number of the chosen seat.
- The cost of the product varies depending on the routes and the type of seat. This cost is subject to change without notice.
- Voluntary changes.
- If you change the route or the date of your flight, you may choose an equivalent seat on the new flight.
- If an equivalent seat is not available, the amount paid will be reimbursed.
- If the cost of the new seat is greater than the initial purchase, the seat change will be made and the additional cost will be charged.
- Involuntary changes.
- In the event of a change for operational, mechanical or safety reasons (including equipment change), the airline does not guarantee availability of the service.
- During the regular change/protection process, the system will automatically assign a seat with the same characteristics, subject to availability.
- When there is no availability of a preferential seat, the payment will be reimbursed and another seat will be assigned on the plane.
- Reimbursements: You may be reimbursed for the cost paid for a preferential seat if you meet the following conditions.
- A similar seat may not be assigned if, on the day of the flight, the preferential seat option is not available due to a change of equipment, flight cancellation or crew requirements. Also, due to operational or safety reasons.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances (illness, incapacity, death of a traveler or of a family member in the first degree of consanguinity) or other fatalities (duly proven) that prevent you from using the service.
- The preassigned seat is not available.
- You acquire a voluntary upgrade prior to departure of the flight.
- You do not meet the conditions to use the seat at the emergency exit.
- If you decide not to use the service for personal reasons, you will be reimbursed.