Minors traveling

Know more about the legal requisites to travel with minors here.

We welcome and promote the local and international laws and norms preventing child exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with minors, and also the protection of human rights of children and adolescents, and in general all those who care for and protect vulnerable populations.​

By way of reference:

  • In Colombia: Ley 679 of 2001 and 1336 of 2009.
  • In Panama: Article 187 of the Penal Code.​

Know more about the requisites to travel with minors in Colombia,Mexico, Peru and or United Kingdom.

To browse through the tabs use the arrow keys. Activate tabs using Enter key or Tab key. If you are reading this content through reader press shift + enter in order to access tab content. To return to the tabs, use the Shift and Tab keys

The new Code for Children and Adolescents establishes additional information for minors departing the country.

On May 8th, 2007 Law 1098 of 2006 came into force, by which the Code for Children and Adolescents was issued. Article 110 paragraph 1 reads as follows:

When a child or adolescent is going to leave the country with one parent or a person other than their legal representatives, they must obtain prior permission of the person who they will not be traveling with, or from them both, duly authenticated by a notary or consular authority.

The Law also requires this new information: this permission must contain the destinations, the purpose of the travel and the date of departure and re-entry to the country.

If you want more detailed information about minors departing Colombia, please see the conditions in Migración Colombia and also the authorization form for minors departing the country.

Please note that the information contained in the links above is provided by the migration authorities and in no case is the content the responsibility of the Airlines and is only provided as a guide to help passengers.​

The new Decree on the Regulationsof the Migration Law in Mexico establishes that every girl, boy, teen and/or person under legal guardianship, traveling alone or accompanied by a third party, must be in compliance with the following requirements:​

1. Authorization to leave the country by the person who has the authority or legal guardianship.

2. Have a completed minors departure travel authorization form for minors in the Mexican territory, provided by the Mexican National Institute of Migration​.

For more information, please read the guidelines​ for migration procedures and requirements. PDFs only available in Spanish.​

Article 111 of the Children and Adolescents Code, Law 27337, establishes that for children or adolescents to travel outside the country on their own or accompanied by one of their parents, they must have the authorization of both parents, certified by a Notary Public.

If the trip is inside the country the authorization of just one of the parents is required.

If you are traveling with a child under 18 and you're not their parent, or have a different last name, you will be asked a series of questions to validate your family connection.

This evidence may include copies of:

  • Their birth or adoption certificate indicating your relationship to the child.
  • Divorce or marriage certificate if you are the father but have a different last name.
  • A letter from the parents authorizing the minor to travel with you and providing all their contact details​.

Border Force Officers will try to establish the relationship between children and adults who are accompanying or are waiting to meet minors on arrival in the UK.

Performing these checks does not affect the right to free movement in the UK and other EEA (European Economic Area) citizens.

For more information please see the official Border Force brochure.