Learn about our most important news of the year.
This plane, known as the Dreamliner, has different levels of lighting and a pressurization system that reduces dehydration and jet lag.
Press Release Archive
Read our official news of the past periods.
2017 Press Releases
Find updated information about our operation in January.
Daily new list.
- 22/05/17 - Avianca receives Airbus Best Operational Excellence Award for the A320 family in America
- 16/05/17 - 2017 first quarter results: Avianca Holdings reported operating income of USD 1.07 billion
- 12/05/17 - Mother’s Day Celebration: Avianca Cargo transported more than 12000 tons of flowers
- 12/05/17 - In april 2017, Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.5 million passengers
- 9/5/2017 - Within the framework of the lawsuit confronting Kingsland v. Synergy: New York Court rules against Kingsland
- 9/5/2017 - iPads board Avianca’s cockpits
- 5/5/2017 - Survey of the Organization of Consumers and Users: Avianca, among the best airlines in the world
- Thursday 27 - Nationwide general strike in Brazil: Avianca reports on the possible impact to operations
- Thursday 27 - Avianca changes terminals at Los Angeles Airport
- Tuesday 19 - In March 2017: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.5 million passengers
- Monday 10 - Avianca: Latin America’s best airline according to Tripadvisor
Daily news list
Daily news list.
- 30/1/2017 Air India joins Star Alliance airlines at Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport - The Queen’s Terminal
- 30/1/2017 Adjustment of itineraries to and from Pereira due to closing of Matecaña Airport
- 24/1/2017 During 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 29 million passengers
- 21/1/2017 LifeMiles services under maintenance until tomorrow Sunday January 22nd
- 6/1/2017 Avianca reschedules its AV037 between Fort Lauderdale and Bogota due to the attack at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
- 05/01/2017 Barcelona – Bogota on Avianca’s new Boeing 787’s
2016 Press Releases
Find information about our operation during the last quarter of 2016.
Daily news list.
- 26/12/2016 Avianca updates its mobile app
- 22/12/2016 In November 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.4 million passengers
- 19/12/2016 Important information for passengers traveling from Buenos Aires to Bogota and Lima
- 17/12/2016 Important information for passengers traveling from or to New York
- 13/12/2016 Avianca is ready for the holiday season
- 12/12/2016 We were the best in business travel in 2016: Avianca, the best airline in South America and Latin America in 2016
- 7/12/2016 Recommendations for high season
Daily news list.
- 31/10/2016 From Central America: Roatan, Honduras, Avianca’s destination of the month
- 27/10/2016 Daily flights between Bogota and Buenos Aires on Avianca
- 24/10/2016 In september 2016: Avianca Holdings and its subsidiaries carried more than 2.4 million passengers
- 20/10/2016 Within the framework of the "Colombia es Realismo Mágico" campaign: 450,000 seats at low prices to travel and enjoy Colombia
- 20/10/2016 BAM, Visa, Avianca and LifeMiles launch the new Avianca LifeMiles BAM and Visa credit card in the Guatemalan market
- 19/10/2016 Bancolombia, Visa, Avianca and LifeMiles seal a partnership to improve their client’s experiences
- 13/10/2016 Daily flight to Puerto Rico on Avianca
- 13/10/2016 Recommendations for travelers during fall break
- 11/10/2016 Avianca offers promotional fares between Central American destinations
- 10/10/2016 Give the world to someone special
- 7/10/2016 Important information for travelers AV904 flight Lima - Montevideo
- 7/10/2016 After hurricane Matthew: Avianca gradually resumes its flights to Florida
- 7/10/2016 Avianca reinforces its operation during fall break
- 6/10/2016 Due to hurricane Matthew: Avianca suspends all flights to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando - Updated at 17:00 hours
- 6/10/2016 Silvia Mosquera, Avianca Holdings’ new Vice President
- 5/10/2016 Traveling out of the United States: Uruguay is the destination of the month
- 5/10/2016 Due to hurricane Matthew: Avianca suspends all flights to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando
- 4/10/2016 From Central America: Costa Rica, Avianca’s destination of the month
Gilma Úsuga Cardona
Director of External Communications Avianca Holdings S.A.
Phone number: (57 1) 587-7700 Ext. 1670
Sofía Valverde Aguero
Press Central America, North America and the Caribbean
Phone number: (506) 2242-1178
María Verónica Espíndola Merino
Phone number: (593) 2 2943100 Ext. 2066