We are always thinking about your comfort and wellbeing. Follow these recommendations when flying with us so you can have a better experience.
Find out about preventive measures, relaxation exercises, warnings about alcohol consumption and the Placid Program to conquer fear of flying.
Through a series of stretching exercises, you will help your body to relax during your flight, try them when you feel it is appropriate.
- Fold your arms at the elbows forward, placing your hands on your shoulders in order to tense the back muscles. Hold this position during 5 seconds and relax. Then, let your arms hang to the sides of your body.
- Now, you must extend your arms forward as rigidly as you can. Feel the tension in the posterior part of your arms. Do this for 2 minutes and then relax.
- In order to relax your forehead and scalp, tens those muscles, raise your eyebrows in admiration as much as you can. Hold this position for five seconds. Keep your eyes still always looking forward.
- In order to relax your eyes and between your eyebrows, you must tense them, frowning as hard as you can and at the same time shutting your eyes firmly. Maintain this position for 5 seconds and then relax.
Avoid excessive alcohol consumption at waiting rooms and on board, since changes in pressure during the flight can increase the effect of alcohol on your body causing you to become intoxicated.
If your flight departs from sea level and you are headed for a higher altitude destination, the effects may increase so that if you have consumed moderate quantities of alcohol you may be intoxicated when you arrive, feeling ill and causing disturbances on board.
When boarding please consider:
- Alcohol onboard may only be provided by our crew.
- Consuming liquor other than what we offer is forbidden.
- We reserve the right to serve alcoholic beverages when, at the Flight Attendant’s discretion, this measure is considered appropriate or necessary.
- The above is established under the safety principle and the Captain shall decide if an intoxicated Passenger or not board the plane.
If you are terrified at the idea of boarding a plane and you want to conquer your fears and stress of flying using theories and practical exercises. We offer information about technical processes and your human management team at Avianca works so that every flight is on time and safe.
If you want to participate, please write us with your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.
If you forgot a personal object in the plane or at one of our VIP lounges, please contact the baggage office at the airport or our call center to alert our personnel. If you left the object in airport areas, you can contact airport authorities.
Below is a list of articles that are immediately disposed of due to sanitation policies, without a possibility of preserving it, this includes perishable items and of personal use that endanger the health of our collaborators:
- Dirty undergarments
- Disposable razors
- Cloth diapers for babies, baby bottles, pacifiers, etc.
- Empty packages such as boxes, bags, wrappings, shopping cases.
- Half-consumed food.
- Uniforms of employees of the company.
- Pornographic material
- Items in poor condition such as: cracked lenses, makeup in poor condition
- Dental retainers
- Neck pillows, pillows, cushions, blankets.
- Empty lens cases.
- Magazines, brochures, Flyers.
If found, the following items will be in custody of Avianca for 10 days:
- Thermos, thermal bottles, baby bottles
- Unmatched clothing (one show, one glove)