- Can I contact the Avianca Help Center, so that they can assist me in purchasing a ticket with miles, accumulation of miles, or any transaction involving miles?
Our Call Center and Service Centers will be available, but they will not be able to carry out transactions with miles in our systems.
- I have planned travel during those dates. Will I be able to accumulate miles for that flight?
Within days of reestablishing the system, LifeMiles will accumulate the miles from your flights made during the time the system was being updated, and you will be able to see them on your account, whenever you have included your LifeMiles number on your reservation. You will also be able to ask for retroactive accumulations of miles, in the event you have not accumulated them after 10 days.
- I have a flight scheduled during that period of time, and with that accumulation, I will extend the duration of my miles. What do I do so that my miles do not expire?
During the first five days of February, LifeMiles will not allow miles to expire. However, we recommend that you register your frequent flyer number on the reservation for that flight. If the fare qualifies for accumulation, upon the LifeMiles systems being reestablished, the accumulation will be made in your LifeMiles account, and the life of your miles will be automatically extended.
- I want to buy a flight with miles. Will I be able to do it during the time the system is being updated?
Since the LifeMiles system will not be available during that period of time, it will not be possible to redeem your miles for a flight. We recommend that you carry out your transactions with LifeMiles before February 1 or after February 5.
- I redeemed miles and am going to fly between February 1 and February 5. Will I have any problems with my trip?
All tickets issued maintain their conditions. So, you will not have any problems with tickets to make flights during that period of time.
- I have a ticket purchased with miles, and I need the miles from the flight. Can I make the transaction during the update period?
Since the LifeMiles system will not be available, it will not be possible to make a reimbursement of your ticket during that period of time. We recommend that you make your transactions with LifeMiles before February 1, or you can Contact the LifeMiles Help Center after February 5, so that they can assist you during the reimbursement process.
- What happens if I need to change the date of my flight during the period of time that the system is being updated?
You may contact the LifeMiles Call Center to see about flight availability and changing dates. If your ticket is available, the change will be able to be made. Otherwise, you must wait until after February 5 to make the change.