When is it free?
When traveling with service, emotional support or rescue dogs.
Guide or assistance dogs
Please show a credential that shows that your dog is a service animal (tags, marked harness or identification card).
Emotional support dogs
You must carry a certificate of your emotional or mental disability condition. The document must be printed on letterhead, have less than one year of issue, specify the date and place where it was issued to you, the reasons why you should travel with the animal and the type of doctor's license.
Search and rescue dogs (K, B and R)
They must travel with breastplate, microchip, certificate, collar and double strap.
What must you do to take the service?
- We recommend you request the service as soon as possible and until 24 hours prior to departure of your flight through our sales channels (subect to availability). At the airport, this service may be confirmed at any time fi the number of pets allowed has not been exceeded.
- Reserve your seat in any location, except in the emergency exit row.
- Arrive at the airport 3 hours before the departure of your domestic or international flight.
- You must present a certificate specifying the origin with the authorization for transit and entry to the destination. It must show that your animal complies with safety and hygiene regulations.
- Your dog can travel with you in the cabin and without a bag. It must remain with you for the entire duration of the flight.
Transportation of these animals is not available for these animals due to restrictions imposed by the Animal Reception Center.
This service is not subject to availability of space.