- Special Services for disability accommodations may be requested during the online booking process (for bookings made on our website) or through our call center. Once booked (including reservations made through our sales offices or travel agencies) requests may be made via our call center, We recommend requests be made at the time of booking your reservation or at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure, so that we may provide you with all necessary information and better accommodate your specific travel needs.
- Confirm with the Collaborator if the service was included in the reservation.
- Let us know if you are traveling with additional medical equipment (oxygen concentrators, wheelchair or portable dialysis equipment).
- If you are traveling in a group of 10 or more disabled people you must contact us at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure for us ensure proper sitting.
- Disability is not a sickness so a medical certificate is not required when you fly, unless you require oxygen and / or your medical condition is such that there is reasonable doubt that you can complete the flight safely without requiring extraordinary medical assistance during the flight. Additionally, in certain limited cases, we may require a passenger with a communicable disease to provide a medical certificate.
For travelers with hearing impairments or speech disabilities
We have a special dedicated number in Brazil and the United States so you can receive personalized assistance. The Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) is a special device that you can use to communicate through a keyboard which connects to a telephone earpiece. What you type is transmitted through the telephone line to the customer service representative.
For flights to and from United States
Please visit the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) website to view its rules concerning Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel. If you require a copy of the regulations in an accessible format, you can obtain one from DOT through any of the following means:
- Within the U.S., by calling DOT via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY).
- By calling the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY).
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590.
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division’s website.
If you need additional help, ask our staff to contact a Complaints Resolution Official (CRO). Our CROs have been specially trained and know the Department of Transportation (DOT) disability regulations. They will gladly answer all your questions.