1. What is the new service about?
The new service offered by Avianca on Avianca.com offering customers the possibility to pay for their ticket with a combination of money and a specific number of LifeMiles available in the member’s account.
2. Do I need to log in as a LifeMiles user on Avianca.com?
Yes, you must be a LifeMiles member and log into Avianca.com using the same user and password as you do on LifeMiles.com.
3. How can I access this service?
You can access the service on Avianca.com, entering your LifeMiles credentials. When you are purchasing your ticket, the system will offer the possibility of paying the ticket with money and miles.
4. On which channels can I use this service?
5. In which countries is this service available?
The service will be initially available in Colombia. We will inform of future dates when it will be available in other countries.
6. How are this type of tickets handled?
A ticket purchased with money and miles is handled in the same manner as a ticket paid with a credit card, with a debit card, bank transfer or in person. It is not a LifeMiles redemption ticket.
7. What is the difference between a ticket purchased with money + miles on Avianca.com and a ticket purchased with miles + money on LifeMiles.com?
Tickets purchased on Avianca.com imply enjoying all the benefits, rights and conditions of a ticket paid with a credit card, with a debit card, bank transfer or in person, while those purchased on LifeMiles.com are considered redemption tickets and subject to the redemption terms of the LifeMiles program.
8. Tickets purchased with money + miles on Avianca.com earn miles and segments?
Yes, miles and segments are automatically earned as this ticket is handled in the same manner as one paid with a credit card, with a debit card, bank transfer or in person. The number of miles and segments earned depends on the route, family fare and LifeMiles level of the member.
9. How do refunds work for these tickets?
They are handled in the same way as a ticket paid with money. You can request a refund through Avianca.com using the available form, specifying that the method of payment was money + miles. For an unused ticket, the client is refunded the money and the miles subject to the conditions and restrictions of the purchased ticket. If the refund penalty exceeds the value paid in money, the client will only be entitled to a refund of the miles. In the case of a refund for a partially used ticket, the client will be refunded the equivalent in money of the segment that was not flown (pursuant to the refund policy) and no LifeMiles will be refunded.
10. Can LifeMiles' QualiMiles service be used for tickets purchased with money + miles on Avianca.com?
No, QualiMiles applies only for LifeMiles redemption tickets. Tickets purchased with money + miles on Avianca.com are handled in the same way as those paid with money, and therefore earn miles and segments without paying an additional amount.
11. What are the payment options to purchase these tickets?
If the customer selects the pay with miles + money option, he or she will only have the option to complete the payment with a credit card on Avianca.com. If the client selects the option to pay the full value of the ticket with money, he or she can choose between other payment options offered on Avianca.com.
12. How do upgrades work with these tickets?
You can request an upgrade in the same way as for a ticket paid with money, at the airport or through the call center.
13. Can I choose how much money to pay and how many miles to redeem?
You can choose between 3 options offered on Avianca.com. Two of those options allow payment with money and miles as established by the system, and a third option is available to pay the ticket only with money.
14. Can a customer use his or her miles to pay for someone else’s ticket?
Only if the LifeMiles member is included in the reservation can he or she use LifeMiles for the money + miles service and included other persons therein.
15. Can a ticket be paid with miles from two different LifeMiles accounts?
No, you can only use one LifeMiles account to pay for a reservation using money + miles. If you want to use another member’s miles, you can transfer the miles to the account of the member who will purchase the tickets with money + miles on Avianca.com so that he or she can complete the minimum number of miles.
16. What happens if the customer does not have enough miles?
If the customer does not have the minimum number of miles, the combined payment options will be disabled, and the only option available will be payment with money.
17. Can you pay for excess baggage with miles while travelling with a ticket purchased with money + miles?
Yes, the passenger can redeem miles to pay for excess baggage at any Avianca point of sale before the flight as a separate transaction.
18. What is the minimum LifeMiles redemption required on Avianca.com to use the money + miles system?
The minimum number of miles required for a domestic flight (domestic flight in Colombia, Peru or Ecuador) will be 500 miles. Minimum for an international flight is 1.500 miles.
19. Is there a benefit for Elite members when purchasing these tickets?
Unlike redemption tickets, these tickets have all the benefits granted to Elite members, such as complimentary upgrades, among others. They also earn qualifiable miles and segments as in a ticket paid with money.
20. Does it apply for purchasing tickets with Partner Airlines?
No, it only applies for the purchase of tickets on routes operated by airlines of Avianca Holdings S.A.
21. If the customer wished to purchase Travel Assistance, can he or she pay with miles + money?
No, the combined payment option is not available to purchase Travel Assistance.
22. Does voluntary reaccommodation apply for these tickets?
No, voluntary reaccommodation does not apply for this method of payment.
23. Who can I contact in the event of additional questions?
You may contact the call center, option 4: website support.