Recommendations to redeem this coupon
- It may be redeemed through our call center (only on the holder’s name) or our sales offices by presenting the coupon and identification document. It may not be redeemed at travel agencies or our website.
- This EMD may only be transferred to a family member in the first degree of consanguinity (Partner, Son or Daughter, Father of Mother), attaching a copy of the documents of the holder and the family member, as well as the EMD signed by both parties. The holder need not be present.
- A marriage certificate or sworn statement is required for transfer to a spouse.
- The EMD may be transferred only once, that is, from the holder to a family member. The recipient family member may not transfer it again.
- If there is a positive balance a new compensation will be issued in the name of the holder of the EMD and it shall be governed by the same conditions and validity as the initial compensation.The value of the EMD/MPD is paid in the local currency of the country of redemption using the current exchange rate that applies for the sale of tickets.
- If there is a balance in favor, a new compensation is issued under the name of the original holder of the EMD/MPD and it is governed by the same conditions and has the same validity as the initial compensation.
- The person under whose name this coupon is issued is responsible for its safety and proper use, the airline issuing the EMD/MPD is not liable for its loss or inappropriate use.
- In the event of loss or for any question or doubt, contact our call center.
Restrictions of use
- You have one year from the date of issue to redeem the coupon.
- It is not redeemable for cash.
- It may not be used to purchase products on the Avianca Store.
- It may not be used on Avianca Brazil.
- Once this compensation is accepted, you cannot change it for another one.
Proof of delivery, acceptance and waiver
Issuing and sending the EMD/MPD, physically or electronically, by the flight operator and receipt thereof by the passenger, implies payment by the operator of the compensation due to failure in the transportation service in relation to the flight to which the EMD/MPD makes reference, without acceptance of legal liability for the operator.
Likewise, it is proof that the traveler accepts that the EMD/MPD may be used in administrative or judicial acts as proof of payment of compensation and the passenger waives his or her right to any further actions against the operator of the flight, its associated companies, its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, the employees, agents and insurers thereof, for the event for which payment is being made.
Note: Passengers affected by delays or cancellations on flights originating in the United States are not entitled to compensation, however, they are entitled to receive assistance services as long as when the irregularity is due to reasons attributable to the company.