Travelling with babies
Travel with your 10-day or older baby and find out the benefits we offer.
What must I know before and during the flight?
During the flight
If your baby needs a seat
- He/she must travel with a child’s ticket.
- The seat you use to take your baby must be homologated. Check that your seat has the following printed message “certified for use on motor vehicles and planes”.
- If your baby travels with a child ticket, he/she is entitled to the in-flight meal service and the baggage allowance in our baggae policy.
You can travel with up to 2 babies, check the conditions.
- The first baby can be seated on your lap and must use a special seatbelt which we will provide when you board.
- The second baby must pay a seat and you have to secure him or her on a baby seat (check that it works for the plane).
- You can only take one baby on your lap.
Travel with babies
Take a maximum of 2 babies
The first baby must sit on your lap
You must pay a seat for the second baby and secure him or her on a baby seat.
Conditions to request the onboard cradle service
Age and weigh
Age: 12 months old or less
Height: Less than 74 centimeters
Weight: Up to 11 kilograms
Your baby must meet the height and weight requirements when travelling so that he or she does not exceed the size of the cradle*, and your request is not denied.
When can I request a cradle for my baby?
When making your reservation through the call center or at counters. There is a limited quota per aircraft. We will take care of every detail so your baby travels on equipment in optimal condition.
When is the cradle installed?
When the plane takes off we will organize everything your baby needs. We will remove the cradle before landing.
The service is available for all routes operated by the A330 or B787. The quota on each aircraft is three cradles.
Due to operational matters, the plane assigned for you trip may vary. In this event, we cannot guarantee the service.
Flights operated by Avianca Ecuador S.A. do not offer this service.
For your comfort and your baby’s, we recommend you take a medical certificate from your pediatrician stating the weight and height of the baby.
* 29.5 X 13.38 X 8.82 inches or 74.93 X 33.99 X 22.40 centimeters.