Minors traveling

Know more about the legal requisites to travel with minors here.

We welcome and promote the local and international laws and norms preventing child exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with minors, and also the protection of human rights of children and adolescents, and in general all those who care for and protect vulnerable populations.​

By way of reference:

  • In Colombia: Ley 679 of 2001 and 1336 of 2009.
  • In Panama: Article 187 of the Penal Code.​

Know more about the requisites to travel with minors in Colombia,Mexico, Peru and or United Kingdom.

To browse through the tabs use the arrow keys. Activate tabs using Enter key or Tab key. If you are reading this content through reader press shift + enter in order to access tab content. To return to the tabs, use the Shift and Tab keys

The new Decree on the Regulationsof the Migration Law in Mexico establishes that every girl, boy, teen and/or person under legal guardianship, traveling alone or accompanied by a third party, must be in compliance with the following requirements:​

1. Authorization to leave the country by the person who has the authority or legal guardianship.

2. Have a completed minors departure travel authorization form for minors in the Mexican territory, provided by the Mexican National Institute of Migration​.

For more information, please read the guidelines​ for migration procedures and requirements. PDFs only available in Spanish.​

Article 111 of the Children and Adolescents Code, Law 27337, establishes that for children or adolescents to travel outside the country on their own or accompanied by one of their parents, they must have the authorization of both parents, certified by a Notary Public.

If the trip is inside the country the authorization of just one of the parents is required.

If you are traveling with a child under 18 and you're not their parent, or have a different last name, you will be asked a series of questions to validate your family connection.

This evidence may include copies of:

  • Their birth or adoption certificate indicating your relationship to the child.
  • Divorce or marriage certificate if you are the father but have a different last name.
  • A letter from the parents authorizing the minor to travel with you and providing all their contact details​.

Border Force Officers will try to establish the relationship between children and adults who are accompanying or are waiting to meet minors on arrival in the UK.

Performing these checks does not affect the right to free movement in the UK and other EEA (European Economic Area) citizens.

For more information please see the official Border Force brochure.

Brazilian minors

If the minor is traveling with one parent

If only one parent is traveling with the minor, judicial authorization obtained in a juvenile court must be presented. This authorization must include the legally approved signatures of both parents. To obtain this authorization you must file the following documents with the court:

  • Proof of residence.
  • Passport of the minor.
  • Copies of pages 1, 2 and 3 of the child's passport.
  • Original and a copy of the ID Card and Taxpayer Registration Card (Brazilian Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas or CPF) of both the mother and father.

If the minor is traveling alone​

In this case you must present an authorization letter, which does not necessarily need to have been endorsed by a judge, where the approval to leave the country is clearly expressed. This approval letter must be accompanied by the full names and ID numbers, as well as their recognized signatures, of each parent.

Download the authorization form for international travel​ (available only in portuguese).